Sunday 23 August 2009

Hypnomummies (decaf for some) coffee mornings

I am feeling very excited as I write this because it is yet another example, well for me anyway, that the Law of Attraction is so very powerful.

A couple of days ago I had a little idea, just a fleeting thought at the time, "I wonder if my hypnomummies would be interested in an opportunity to get together, with other like-minded mums, outside of attending their HypnoBirthing courses?". Unfortunately, many find that those around them sometimes even close friends and family, are very dismissive of their chosen approach to childbirth. Some just laugh at them and sadly some sabotage although maybe don't realise the harm in their words when suggesting that a mums is fooling herself. This can become difficult for some women who are doing their best to let go of their fears having learnt that it is this very fear that can cause the pain so many others experience during childbirth.

The thought came back into my head a bit later and as what usually happens when ideas start to form I began imagining what it would be like and in my head I saw:
  • My 'mums' who had already had their babies coming along to share their wonderful HypnoBirthing stories.
  • Pregnant mums having attended the course keen to hold on to the wonderful feelings they had during that time.
  • Women interested in finding out more.
  • Those who weren't able to attend a course but had learnt the techniques from a book and would enjoy the opportunity to meet others and ask questions.
I could show some video clips of women using Hypnosis for Childbirth, maybe do a little relaxing hypno but mainly it would be women doing what women do best and that's having a good old chin wag.

Now a particular 'Rule of the Mind' teaches us that thought precedes reality ie whatever a person focuses upon, whether it be of an internal or external origin, becomes manifested. Those mental images become imprinted, and the subconscious simply plays out the plan.

Even I was shocked to see this time how quickly this was proven true.

At the end of my HypnoBirthing course on Saturday one of the mums said "do you know where I could go to meet other hypnomums?" I almost fell off of my chair. I mentioned my idea of a weekly coffee morning and she got very excited and said she'd definitely be interested as did the other mums. Then on today's (Sunday's) HypnoBirthing course another mum said how nice it would be to get together on a regular basis with other women who had the same passion about wanting a great birth as her. So once again I mentioned my coffee morning and she said she's definitely be there. Another mum said she'd even consider taken time off work until her maternity leave so that she could attend and continue reinforcing how positive she was feeling about her baby's birth.

As this was all so positive I checked in with a couple of mums who have already had their lovely HypnoBirths and they too said they would enjoy getting together.

Wow! It looks like they are happening then. A plan of action is needed. Watch this blog for an announcement of the first Hypnomummies (decaf for some) coffee mornings.

Girls when I say daydream about your beautiful, calm, comfortable births you can see why. The subconscious mind doesn't know the difference between real and imagined events so if you spend time focusing on something it really does just seem to get on with it.

post signature

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I prepared with the Maggie Howell program for the birth of my second baby and I know it is not exactly the same as hypno birthing although I don't know in what way it is different. I just wanted to say that I had a brilliant birth experience thanks to using hypnotherapy techniques. It made me feel so relaxed and in control! I was totally amazed when I arrived at the hospital ready to push! I thought I was going to be there for another good 12 hours (similar to my first birth) and it was more like 12 min :)
    I did find talking about it with others a bit like "what planet are you on dude?!" and it was so frustrating. I would have loved to meet and share with other like minded mums.
    Lovely to have met you through twitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comment and fab that you had such a great birth having prepared using hypnosis. Both programs are similar - two sides of the same coin my mum would say.

    It does appear to be the biggest frustration for women both during their pregnancies and post birth that so many others just don't get it.

    Thanks for the vote of confidence I am really looking forward to getting the group up and running and if you are ever in my neck of the woods you would always be welcome.

    Great to have met you too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to drop by and say hi!
    Firstly, been reading your tweets today, sorry to hear about your Mum in Law. My mum passed away last year from cancer and after reading icklebabes post today have been in floods.
    Secondly...HUGE fan of the law of attraction. If you get a chance have a look at my website www.beingamillionaire.com, we're all about the LOA!!
    And finally....I used hypnobirthing to have my third babe almost two years ago. It was AMAZING!!! The best labour ever!!! My midwife couldn't believe it. Sadly, I hadn't realised that I was about to give birth to a hippo (10lbs and in the wrong position) so had an emergency C-section. However he was the calmest baby I've ever come across and still is and I'm convinced it was down to the hypnobirthing.
    Ok...going to put your lovely site on my blogroll now and will probably catch up in tweet land.
    All the best
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andie

    I've only just read your lovely comment thank you so much. I will most definitely check out your site and I will say hi to you on Twitter to the first opportunity I get. I'm only just getting straight after the events of the last few weeks and haven't been able to do much blogging or Twitter due to trying to catch up with cancelled clients (babies don't wait ;-)).

    I am sorry to hear about your mum. My father too died of cancer 10 years ago. They used to say everyone knows at least someone whose life has been affected by the big C but I am hard pushed to find anyone these days whose family hasn't been affected by it somewhere along the line.

    I am really glad you had a good experience of HypnoBirthing. What a shame you had to have an emergency C-section after such an amazing labour. Probably more to do with wrong position than size though. But you had a positive experience and a wonderful calm baby too which is fab.

    ReplyDelete