Saturday 2 May 2009

Did the sun go to my head?

What a beautful day it was today!


My lovely hubby (Jim), gorgeous daughter (Evan) and I went off to buy a new car today. We're used to being a two car family. Nothing flashy, two reliable workhorses - both old girls. A Citreon ZX Aura and a 5 Series BMW Estate (I don't know much about cars but this had a nice big powerful engine so it could go very fast which made Jim happy. It also had a nice big boot which made me happy). Now I say had because sadly a few months ago our lovely beema developed a rather shocking noise. On further investigation it was discovered that it would cost £1k to have her fixed, a cost we decided was too much for a 15 year old car.


So Jim's research began. He wanted a fun, fast, powerful car, preferably a convertible. I wanted a big boot. He sent me many, many, many emails of I have to agree lovely cars but the cost was always too high, as was the mileage and the age of the car. And they didn't have a big boot.


And then we got to yesterday and he sent me an email of a lovely car. Good price, excellent mileage, age ok, fun, fast and a convertible. Now I don't know if over the months he has worn me down but I found myself agreeing to go and have a look at it. And so off we went.


So did I get my nice big boot I hear you ask?





Well.......





We bought a 2 seater MGF convertible (to replace a BMW Estate hahahhahahahaha - I'm rolling around the floor laughing as I write this) so NO!!!!!!





But it is a beautiful colour red :-) xx


























post signature

2 comments:

  1. lol so funny. Car is very nice, very unpractical though haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you can get Evan's pram in :) Fab colour!!

    ReplyDelete